In the event of a cancellation, the following policies shall apply:
In the event that there is an insufficient number of students, or a tutor is unable to attend, we reserve the right to cancel the class and offer you either an alternative class or a full refund of your payment directly relating to the affected class.
Given the high demand for places and the costs we incur in cancelling your place, refunds are applied as follows:
- Cancellations before 31 March – full refund (if your kit has already been sent to you we request that you return it at your expense)
- Cancellations after 31 March – no refund
VIRTUAL EVENTS & WORKSHOPS
You will receive a notification confirming the timing of your class and joining instructions once your booking has been processed. If you have not received this one week prior to the event please contact us. Prior to contacting us, please ensure you have checked your email inbox as well as your spam and junk mail, just in case the joining instructions are hiding in there.
USE OF ZOOM
Currently we are using our website and Zoom to deliver our online classes and other events. Zoom is a GDPR compliant video conferencing platform with full end-to-end encryption.
To mitigate against any risks associated with using an online platform we have implemented the following measures:
- All meetings are password protected
- All meetings use the Zoom waiting room to allow us to screen attendees before they are admitted
- Attendees are advised not to share the Zoom link
- A member of Lady Anne’s Needlework staff monitors and is present for the duration of all events
- Lady Anne’s Needlework has the ability to remove any attendee if their behaviour is deemed inappropriate
- Participants are made aware in advance if the meeting is to be recorded
- First and foremost, we are here to ensure a fun, informative and enjoyable experience for all participants.
- It is the students responsibility to ensure they have a reliable internet connection for the duration of any class or event. We highly recommend students perform a test zoom call prior to the event. We will be providing an opportunity to test your zoom connection in the weeks prior to the event.
- A class monitor will be present at all times to help the tutor with technical matters. If the session fails for any reason, we will get it back up and running as soon as possible. If your own connection to the class fails, please just rejoin as soon as you can.
- The tutor will have the ability to mute the class at the appropriate times, for example during demonstrations. If you have a question during this time, please use the ‘raise hand’ button.
- At other times, you may come off mute and ask questions or discuss things. Please don’t be afraid to ask questions, or be worried that you haven’t understood. There will be plenty of people in the same boat and we are all here to make this as easy and fun as possible.
Whilst The Crewel Work Company take every measure and precaution, we cannot accept responsibility for any injury, damage, loss, delay or change of schedule or any other events which are beyond our direct control including, but not limited to, flood, fire, war, civil disturbance, pandemic, acts of God, acts of government, or any other authorities, terrorism or accidents to/or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.